Chocolate and muesli bars

I'm one of those people that believe if a chocolate has cranberries/oats/seeds in it, it must count as a vegetable and be a healthy snack. So when I noticed we have an insane amount of muesli in our house (for people that don't even eat muesli) I knew it had to go with some chocolate. A recipe for chocolate oats bars I used to make while still at school came to mind, but I couldn't remember it clearly and I was waaaay too lazy to go all the way upstairs to google other recipes. So I just made up my own.


200g Butter
5ml Vanilla essence
20 ml cacao (Do you know the difference between cacao and cocoa?)
2 eggs
400g Icing Sugar (maybe just a little bit more...)
As much muesli as you want. You want the mixture to be quite difficult to stir, but let's be honest...you're here for the chocolate aren't you? So, find your own perfect amount. 
Or skip the muesli and add oats,nuts or cranberries.
                                                                                                                              

Melt the butter and add the cacao and vanilla essence. Add the eggs. (It helps to beat the eggs before adding them, make sure you mix it in really well with the butter-cacao mixture.) Add the icing sugar and muesli. Mix it all together and pop into the fridge (or freezer if you're too impatient like me) and after about 40 minutes you have a sweet treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment