What to do with a R100 in Cape Town

Take your mom for cake and tea at Boeresjiek in Brackenfell. (I felt so embarrassed taking photos of everything, it felt crazy pretentious, so all the photos are really sneaky photos, maybe I'll get better at it, maybe I won't...)


Boeresjiek is situated in Brackenfell industrial so it literally is a diamond in the rough. It is such a welcome surprise! They have done a brilliant job of turning the factory-space into a very feminine boutique.


Apart from being a cake shop they also sell anything from clothes to jewelry to ceramics. It changes quite frequently so it's worth popping in whenever you have a chance! 

(Look at this little bub! Couldn't resist! Just want to squish those chubby legs and arms.)

I had the Red velvet cheesecake and my mom the Chocolate cheesecake. Guys. The. Best! Seriously, the cake display is so beautiful you don't want to eat it. I couldn't take a photo of it because I'm socially awkward and people were crowding all the amazing cakes. Next time! My other favourite is the Tiramisu, because the slices are bigger than your head. They sell cakes, cupcakes and quiches. My favourite is the butternut and feta quiche, it is in serious competition with the cakes!


Look at those prices, ridiculous! Tea and coffee is R15, so for my mom and me it was R100 on the dot! 
They are open Monday-Saturday, 9-5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment