Chocolate, honey-cashew and cranberry squares

When you join Pinterest, you should really be aware that you will want to buy things that you've never cared for. Like a food processor. And a Silhouette Cameo. Two things I bought recently and I've been in craft/foodie heaven ever since. (Nope this is not a sponsored post, I wish!) 

The processor is something I've always looked at, but then I think: But is it worth it? I just couldn't justify the price for a few recipes on Pinterest. 

But then the Kenwood Megapack was marked down and I thought, let's see what all the hype is about. Let me tell you in one word; lifechanging. 

I've been chopping, blending, processing, mixing everything I can find in the house, all while smiling like a goof. It's pure magic! 

Something I've always been intereset in is nut butters. (Like peanut butter, but just with different nuts) I made some with cashew nuts and even though it was nice, it wasn't THAT nice. So I improvised. Here is my recipe for an AMAZING no-bake-let's-pretend-it's-healthy treat. 

100g cashews 
(You can use as much as you want, but 100g was all I could afford at that time of the month, jeeeeez nuts are expensive!) 
Squeeze of honey
(I add honey until I like the taste, you can decide for yourself how much to add, but rather start with a little and add more if you need)
100g Cranberries
90g Chocolate slab

Put the nuts in the processor and let them go wild! After a few spins, add the honey. (You can always add more later if you want a sweeter taste) You'll get to a point where it looks like nothing is happening and you'll think: "Great, well this was a huge mistake, why isn't mine working? I wonder if I can still return this stupid thing, damnit why didn't I read the reviews before I ju-" and then all of a sudden there's a ball clonking around in the processor. Don't add oil or anything liquidy just because you think your processor is not working, it is. The nuts will look like bread crumbs for a while but it gets to a point where it almost looks like cookie dough. 
Scoop it out, flatten in a baking tray. 
Put the cranberries in the processor and do the same. Again, it will look like nothing is happening and all of a sudden, a ball of cranberries. 
Flatten it on top of the nut base. 
Melt the chocolate and throw it over the cranberry layer. 
Pop in the fridge until the chocolate is hard and cut into squares
 There you go! 



No comments:

Post a Comment